Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Week 98 (8-10-15)

Baptism of Areanda

So, we're at another week.

Time is flying by and Its a sprint to the finish.  Its strange thinking about how much experience I have now and how much my perspective of the mission and the world has changed. It is crazy going into lessons and being so confident.  I remember like it was yesterday when I would walk in and just be nervous because I wasn’t sure what to do or how to teach. I have learned how to rely on the spirit and have become very accustomed to seeking the influence in lessons.

We worked real hard with the members and converts, the work with investigators has drooped down a bit. We are determined to keep the sector rolling by finding this week.

We had the baptism of Areanda this Saturday. She is a 9 year old girl with Aspergers that we have been teaching on and off with the other elders of Copihues. It was a great baptism and a very special one indeed. It was good for the rest of the family especially her parents who aren't members to see a short simple, and spiritual service.

Two other elders from the neighboring sector came and moved into our house and are now living with us. It’s cool having 4 elders in the house again. The other two elders are really cool.

I have almost no time left today. The computers have given me nothing but trouble today. I hope you are all doing great. I love you and miss you all. I hope you have a great week.


Elder Ethan Haws



No comments:

Post a Comment