Monday, August 3, 2015

Week 95 (7-20-15)

Elders Miller and Haws

The grill master

This week was pretty weird. It’s weird not having an assigned companion.

The whole week I have been working to get men from the ward to go out and do divisions with me so we could visit some people. I'm not going to lie, it’s been pretty complicated to get them going. Many couldn't do it or go out for long at all. So it was just a week long battle trying to get visits done. I did however get the help from our ward mission leader, Danilo, during the whole weekend. He is a pretty cool guy, he’s 23 and getting ready to leave on his mission pretty soon. He had everything free for the weekend so he went out all day Saturday and Sunday to work with me. We got a lot of good stuff done this weekend. 

It sure has been hard having to balance the zone alone though. It has confirmed how much I need a companion in all of this. They really do come in handy. 

We have been doing great in the sector. We are teaching a lot of converts and less actives and helping them in their progress in reactivation and retention. I tried really hard to find more people to teach investigator-wise, but I just didn't have that much time between balancing the members and the trio. The other elders however, are doing great. They have a family that is progressing nicely and will be baptized soon. 

The weather is taking a turn for the deep end of winter. Today was one of the only times in my mission where I have seen the little puddles outside being frozen. It is c-c-c-cold. We saw rain most of the week and now the cold has followed all of the storm fronts. 

So with the trio, It’s a bit of a challenge! I'm not gonna lie. Besides the challenges work wise, I am having a blast being with these two guys. They are hilarious. It’s been really fun chilling with them. Elder Brewster and Roberts are classy guys. 

It was a disappointment not bringing anyone to church, but I have faith that I will find someone and get him to church. It will be a great week, I know it. I have a lot planned out already and it looks like it’s going to be great. 

Thank you for everything, everyone! I love you guys and hope you have a great week! 


Elder Haws

No comments:

Post a Comment