Sunday, August 9, 2015

Week 97 (8-3-15)

We were blessed to have the baptism of Bernarda, Denís, and Carla

Well, we are sure coming to a grand finale.

So, my new comp is hilarious. Elder Villar and I definitely hit it off really well. We are having a blast out here. Finally I have a comp where we are at least on the same page personality and humor-wise. I am really enjoying my time. I am grateful to my Father in Heaven for blessing me with such a great way to spend my last stretch of the mission. We may be living out here all alone with no one else to talk to, but we have been great regardless of the quiet house.

There are so many opportunities that are in our way. We are stoked because things are just starting to work out here and we are excited seeing how everyone is working in our ward.

I am also stoked about how our zone is doing. We may not have the highest numbers, but at last I feel that warm ''zone gets along'' atmosphere. We have some great people and I think that if everyone puts their all into it this cambio, we could have some legendary times.

We fed off the blessings of hard work this week.

The last two elders of the sector (Roberts and Brewster) worked SUPER hard to get this awesome family to the waters of baptism. And their work paid off. We were blessed to have the baptism of Bernarda, Denís, and Carla this Saturday. We were accompanied by many members of the ward and Elder Roberts, Now done with his mission and touring with his parents (who came to pick him up) attended as well. It was great. I baptized Carla and Bernarda and Roberts baptized Denís. It was a great Saturday afternoon.

We are working hard with getting other people to the font. We have another two great possibilities and we have another baptism lined up for this weekend for another girl in the ward. It’s really coming along nicely.

We are really cleaning up the house as well. The mission has been going through a big cleaning phase lately. So in our spare time we have been doing some hardcore repairing to the house. We had to cut and reshape our front door because it had expanded from the intense humidity and couldn't even close, we had to patch with Sheetrock a wall that didn't have Sheetrock on it, we had to throw away a lot of useless stuff and reshape how everything works. I am thoroughly content with how the house is looking. It is crazy how much of a difference a clean house can make.

I can testify to the power of prayer and faith. I can’t find the right way to explain exactly how it all works in the end. But I have had so many experiences lately where I have been able to really get to know the Godhead and know how to be and instrument in their hands. I know they live and that we are God's children. Miracles are real and they happen daily. I am grateful for the opportunity of every day to further the Lords work and be his representative. It is a glorious time and it is changing me forever.

Thank you all for your love and support and I am grateful for all the prayers and the care from all of you. I love you all and miss you. I will see you next week!

Elder Ethan Haws

Zone activity to play in the snow


Elders Haws and Villar


No comments:

Post a Comment