Sunday, June 14, 2015

Week 88 (June 1, 2015)

Wow, this week was really interesting! It kind of had a bit of a crescendo. Everything was a bit slow at first and then it all warmed up to crazy business. Sunday was by far the craziest day we had. Monday was probably the slowest.  So to update, I’ll give you the biggest things that happened. 

The .... Lopez family.

So Margarita and Mario are suddenly separating.... Y'all know what that means right? BAPTISM THIS WEEEEEEK!! It is really painful for Margarita and the daughters. Apparently stuff has been going on, and they couldn't take it so It’s over. We had lunch with the family and Mario wasn't there. Margarita was obviously upset and I trying to figure what was going on talked with her a bit and she told me what was going on. So It is a bittersweet experience for them. They will finally be able to enter into the waters of baptism. I love this family. They are truly ready to embrace the gospel in their family and let the light in. I am grateful to know them and have had the opportunity to pull them through all of these trials.

Teaching Estefanía.

So a family just got here from Peru and their daughter is 8 and wanted to be baptized. The husband is the son of active members in the branch. So they just moved here to be with the family. Since some records were misplaced we had to teach her the lessons. Estefania is awesome and we were able to teach her all the lessons this week. We had some complications with organizing the baptism but it all worked out and were able to have the service on Sunday.

We had a good time working, even though it was really hard to find people and working with members this week, we made some good progress. We were able to find some good less active families that we will be working with a lot.

We worked in other sectors where we had never been and it was cool getting to know some places and see some cool scenery.  So it’s getting pretty cold here. We faced some good rainstorms this week. It’s definitely wintery around here.

I’m growing a lot in my patience and my testimony. I am learning to love the work. I am learning to love the lord. I have loved a hymn lately. It seems to be my anthem as of late!

''Lord, I Would Follow Thee''

Savior, may I learn to love thee,
Walk the path that thou hast shown,
Pause to help and lift another,
Finding strength beyond my own.
Savior, may I learn to love thee—Lord, I would follow thee. 

Who am I to judge another
When I walk imperfectly?
In the quiet heart is hidden
Sorrow that the eye can't see.
Who am I to judge another?

I would be my brother's keeper;
I would learn the healer's art.
To the wounded and the weary
I would show a gentle heart.
I would be my brother's keeper-

Savior, may I love my brother
As I know thou lovest me,
Find in thee my strength, my beacon,
For thy servant I would be.
Savior, may I love my brother--

Thank you all for all they you have done for me I love you all so much. I can’t believe how time has gone. I hope all of you are well. I hope this week goes great for you all. Until next week!!

Elder Haws

No comments:

Post a Comment