Friday, May 29, 2015

Week 87 (May 26, 2015)

Nothing says "happy birthday" like a cake in the face

Brrrr... It’s getting really cold in Chile.

The mornings always start with my eyes opening and then an instant shiver and shock of the cold. Then I get the little space heater that we have in the house running.

This week we battled tough rains, cold temps, people not wanting a thing to do with us, and getting over a cold.

So this week wasn't really anything new. We passed by the regular people and just taught them more things.

We are facing some problems in the branch and there are lots of little fights. So on Sunday a little fight broke out in Elders quorum and we spent the class time just resolving it, and then setting goals to be better.

It rained A TON on Wednesday. We got SOAKED. Towards the end of the day my cold poor little companion who was waterproof clothing-less had been soaking wet for hours. He suddenly commented ''Elder, oh no, MY SHOES HAVE RABIES.'' I looked down and low and behold the sides of his shoes and the cracks were all foaming. We busted up laughing and continued on. Even in a hard day where we couldn't find shelter, we laughed a lot.



I had a good interview with president this week on Thursday and we went over some good uplifting topics. It was quick but inspiring.

Sunday I had a good birthday. I had a ton of food. The Parra Lopez family gave us a HUGE lunch and later gave me some birthday cake. We were able to pass by Elba's house with Anna and have some ''Picarones''... Oh.... MY. GOODNESS. Those are my new favorite Chilean dish. (the pictures of those are the soup looking thing with the scone looking things). We then went over to the zone leader’s house to have a face to face call in night. Elder Copling, Bennion, Watts, and I all went over and we had a blast. It was a great way to end the week, my birthday and the night.

''Picarones''... Oh.... MY. GOODNESS


So all is well in the mission. I am happy. I am content in the Lords service. We want to find more people to teach so we are focusing on that in the moment. All is well. I hope you are all doing well! I look forward to hearing from you guys next week. I love all of you and can’t thank you enough for the birthday wishes!! Have a great week!


Elder Ethan Haws


Elders Haws and Smoot sharing a birthday celebration

20 years old!

Happy Birthday! Margarita Parra Lopez and Elder Haws

Sunrise in Talcahuano

Elders Haws and Duarte drying off after getting soaked in the rain




No comments:

Post a Comment