Sunday, May 17, 2015

Week 83

 Elder Haws playing "Come Thou Fount" in a guitar shop
April 27, 2015


This week was good. It was jam packed with the regular stuff.  Monday we had Physical therapy which means we just got contacts done and I updated my journal.  P-day was on Tuesday and our activity failed so we had a quite regular day.  Wednesday we had Physical therapy which means we just got contacts done and I wrote even more in my journal.  The rest of the week was good.

Thursday I had a nice mini cambio with Elder Withers from Idaho. He is my zone leader and he came up to my sector to help me out a bit and we worked hard. Out of a miracle we got the vision and we were able to find a new family that I believe that will progress. They are actually our next door neighbors! We were just wandering desperately around in the night just trying to kill the last 15 minutes of the day on finding and I just felt like knocking on the neighbor’s door. And then all of a sudden a lady comes up from behind with keys in her hand and greets us. She was just getting back home from work as a dental assistant. We told her we were sharing the ‘because he lives’ video and she hesitantly let us in. We had a great short lesson and they accepted to be baptized. They didn’t want to put a date yet but we went back later in the week and talked to them about lots of doubts and questions they had. They have very good and healthy doubts that will actually help us teach them better. I think if we can continue teaching them regularly, they will progress really nicely. The family name is Barrientos Chamorro.

I’m teaching plenty of lessons and classes. I’ve never been so overwhelmed with so much to teach. I find that it is helping me a ton with expressing things and its teaching me how to teach.

On Saturday we had our cleaning day and stake conference. That means we had ABSOLUTLEY 0 time to work on Saturday we had to get out of stake conference early just to get contacts done. Also on Saturday I got sick with all the other missionaries in Centinela. Just a nasty common cold.

Sunday we had a good conference. The building was full. There were great messages and my district brought a lot of people to church. We are progressing very very well here. I am content with all that we are accomplishing. We are seeing good things. We almost got another point but we lost our member to go with us… So close……

I am learning tons about the gospel lately. Elder Hepworth and I are learning mutually from each other. It is a great companionship. He is really helping me out with family history. I am now addicted to family history…. Watch out family when I get home I’m going to be getting all of you hooked!

Thank you for all that you guys do! I love you all so much! I hope you guys have a great week!! I miss you and love you tons!! Until the next week!


Elder Ethan Haws






No comments:

Post a Comment