Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Week 85 (May 11, 2015)

Wow. 85 weeks have gone by. The last 85 weeks have been quite the time of my life. I’m sure we have all gone through many joyful, trying, and strengthening experiences. I sure have. I have learned so many things about myself and the gospel.

I have gone through a lot of pondering about my experiences and how hard some have been and how great they have been for me. I have had to really look for the tender mercies of the Lord in my life and I’ve seen many that have taken months to uncover. They were almost microscopic in the moment but now they are so valuable to me that they could not be traded for anything. I am grateful for the strengthening and transforming power of the Atonement. All this thought has basically come from being called to be a trainer. It has been a week of reflection back on the last 85 weeks of my life. They have been glorious.

My comp is Elder Duarte. He is from Ibague, Colombia. He is a really good kid. He is chill, has a talkative and friendly personality. I think we will have a good time together! We have been going through the basics of everything. It has brought back how lost and confused I was when I came to the mission. I have drawn back from my journal entries from my first days of the mission and I am amazed at how similar it was and how I’ve overcome so many things.

The main highlight for the week was having an incredible FHE with the Parra Lopez family. We taught about the Book of Mormon and had the branch president with his wife accompany us. Mario and Margarita, the parents, finished in tears and they felt the spirit. All the complications that were holding Margarita from getting married will be cleared in the next month so looks like we will be baptizing her and her daughter in the next month!!! I am so stoked for that. I have had many long prayers and fasts for them. Looks like things are turning around!

I hope all is well! I love all of you so very much and I hope you have a great week! Until the next!!


Elder Haws

No comments:

Post a Comment