Sunday, June 28, 2015

Week 90 (June 15, 2015)


Well guys, I’ve got big news. 
These last three cambios I have had some sort of news. Today I have more. 
Looks like the last 12 weeks of my mission are going to be one big grand finale.
I am called to be a zone leader in Chillán Viejo with one of my good friends here in the mission, Elder Miller.  It will be so awesome. Elder Miller was my zone leader in Concepcion and we became good friends. I think he is one of the only elders I have really been able to relate to in my entire mission. It will be a way chill transfer. I am STOKED. 


As for my son (Elder Duarte) he stays in the sector, but here's the crazy part...  Elder Copling was called to be a zone leader as well and we are both leaving the sector. Soooooooo because the mission is getting far less missionaries than those who are coming many sectors are closing. They are going to close one of the sectors in Centinela. Here's the cool part, Elder Duarte and Smoot stay. Smoot is going to finish the training of my son! I have never seen anything like that. I feel good and confident with them both staying in the sector. Because there are now only 2 elders in the sector they have a lot of work to do. We had the sector split because it was so big and now they have to go and brave it by themselves. It will be interesting to how they handle it. 

So this week was really really really normal. I can’t think of anything too spectacular that happened.  We did however get permission to watch the Chile games of the American soccer cup so we had a blast on Thursday chilling at the Fonseca's house. We had a ton of completos and cheered loud. It is pretty cool and I'm looking forward to the game tonight!




We made progress with the converts who had some issues with the leadership here. We finally resolved some huge conflicts and things will now go really nicely. 

I don’t have much time to write today, the computers have been slow. I just want to let you guys know that I love you and miss you. I look forward to the experiences that will surely come this week!


Elder Ethan Haws 










No comments:

Post a Comment