Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Week 78


Saying goodbye 



Elder Haws with the Castillo Family

 Cleaning day
Week 78!

Wow! It was a good closer for the transfer and good end to my time here in Concé. Yep, today there were big changes and the future is looking bright.

This week was challenging and somewhat uneventful because our sector is going through a refining process right now. It’s like the ground is covered in mounds of dead leaves that aren’t doing anything good and we are just raking out the all the debris and waste. Its time for a cleaning of the sector. So this week the sector will be focused on finding!

We passed by many people and nearly all were gone. It seemed like we couldn’t progress with anyone. We tried to coordinate but things fell through, so hence we had a week of cleaning out people from our focus group and we are starting over again.

We had funny experiences though. On Thursday, I believe, we were walking down the street and we get to a certain negotio and a drunk man came out loudly and abruptly to greet us. I decided that I would have a little fun. He first asked me nearly shouting, ‘’Hey! Are you a gringo?!’’ I said, ‘’Yeah obviously....’’ and then he went on to telling me every single false detail about World War 2 and about Germany. It was the weirdest thing watching him scream ‘’AND THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS DIED.’’ So in the midst of this serious little conversation, I decided to ask him a serous question. I interrupted in mid sentence and asked with the best poker face I could muster, ‘’hey! Do you like elephants?’’ He paused and said calmly, ‘’Yes, yes I do... Yeah they are beautiful creatures…’’ And then he went on to babbling about the war and Germany and stuff. Not 10 seconds later I interrupt, ‘’Hey! Do you like giraffes?!’’ He paused and thought for a bit and looking confused he said, ‘’ No, no giraffes are weird…… I don’t like 'em’’ He then looked at me and then declared ‘’Well, all this happened but the thing I like the most is the Pacific!’’ and I said ‘’Oh yeah! There are penguins there too, right?!’’ He looked at me for a second and then went on. I gave up and we just thanked him and said ‘’we’ll see you later.’’ We couldn’t stop laughing. In such a weird moment trying to be serious we had the strangest conversation ever.

This week we had another cleaning day and we got the house super clean. We even spent time finishing up the painting of the house. It looks really nice now. I’m sad I’m going to have to leave the place.

So yeah Cambios….

I am going to Talcahuano Norte.....

Centinela!

The most flaite - ghetto sector in the mission.  (So I’ve heard)

I am now District Leader

It is the same sector Elder Froerer went to right after I was with him. He rescued that branch.

I will be with elder Hepworth; He is a really cool guy, one of the coolest missionaries in the mission. He is sick. He is young with only 4 cambios in the mission and is fearless. He is the son of an assistant. Its real close to conce! I am going there with missionaries that I have known for a long time. We will see how this all goes! Ive never set foot in Talcahuano and I'm clueless to what its like, but Centinela is a sector
that is one GIANT hill. So looks like every day is going to be a leg work out. its right out on  the sea, like a peninsula. Its going to be an interesting sector for sure.

I am stoked for the new opportunities that are up ahead. I am going to work my guts out like never before. It will be a good time!

Thank you all so much for all your love and for your support. I love you all and miss you all. I love you guys! I hope your week is awesome. I’m sure mine will be loaded with experiences.


Elder Ethan Haws







No comments:

Post a Comment