Monday, March 23, 2015

Week 77

Planet Sandwich on P-day

Well this week was pretty calm. We are just trying to make little steps. We are seeing progress but it is really hard to describe how we see it!

We did a lot of work this week with members and we are creeping along trying to find more people through them. It is really hard to find people lately. We want to find people who are going to progress but the search keeps getting foggier. I think Heavenly Father is seeing how badly we want it.

It’s hard to write for this week. We did a lot of general work, actualizing lists, knocking doors and talking with people on the street. It was really plain. Everything is kind of becoming a routine here. Elder Flores and I have made a goal that we will break those routines and have a good week a different way.

We weren’t able to find anyone or get a point in the week. We are lacking a bit of correlation with the members but we are working on that at the moment.

This week despite the lack of the appearance of the fruits of our labors we felt good. I felt the spirit strongly in my studies and I learned a lot about myself and the gospel. Every day I come to reflect on the atonement and what it means to me in my life. Something that I have come to know and feel is the overwhelming embrace of the love of our savior and our Heavenly Father. There are some moments when I walk down the street and I can just feel their love. It takes me by surprise in the most random moments but I know they are real. I know their love and I feel their sustaining arms.  I am grateful for the gospel in my life.

Church was good and we had a high attendance of 96. We are seeing good progress there. Yolanda came again. She is more active than she has been for the last 8 years or so. We are grateful to see such progress in someone who wouldn’t even budge at one point some time ago.

The search will continue this week for more of the humble souls who are yearning for the gospel. I am learning more than ever how to depend on my Heavenly Father for success. I intend to imply that a lot in this week.

Until next week everyone! Thank you for all of your love! I love you all so much! I miss you guys! Make this week incredible!!!


Elder Ethan Haws




El Centro Dream Team
Elders Castellon, Castro, Haws, and Flores

No comments:

Post a Comment