Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Week 73

Woa. Did the week…. Actually end already?  Man its scary how time flies.

But seriously it’s going by too fast!

The week to be honest was kind of plain. I’ll just give you some highlights that made the week good and that made it interesting.

So this week kind of the same old week that it’s been for a while. We have been trying to find people but still, the people don’t really want to listen. People lie about their addresses and who they are, just try and pick a fight, or just give us RIDICULOUS excuses. We are just focusing on finding through the members this week. We see it as our only way of finding at the moment and we have been working up to this point for a while now so we are just waiting for the results.

Silvestre:

So, I’d say this was the biggest miracle of the week! So one of the less active families we are teaching is the Silvestre family. We haven’t really been able to have very constant visits with them until now and we are just barely seeing progress in them. We visited them on Saturday and it went really good. They didn’t want to come to church for some reasons but they ended up going! It was awesome seeing that surprise! Man I love it when that happens!

English:

Yep… That’s right. I am forgetting my English. And it feels very strange. I mean, I try to talk with other gringo elders and all my words come out really awkward and mumbled. I just feel strange trying to talk now… Weird. I used to dream about being able to talk to people in English and be able to converse flawlessly. Now the tables are all turned. So strange. So it looks like I’ve got some homework now!

Elder Castro:

Is the new elder that’s joined us in the house. He is from Guadalajara Mexico and is way chill. He just is positive, smiles, and laughs all the time. He is also really good at the guitar. He is into punk and rock. It was good talking about some bands (especially Muse) for the first time in a while. We get along great in the house.

So the weeks go by fast and we just keep going. Despite the work being so slow. I still feel the spirit often and I feel my Heavenly Father and Savior strengthening me through obstacles. It is awesome being in such a position of complete service. I love them and all they do for me. I love their constant calling to me to be righteous and be the best servant I can be. 

Thank you for all that you guys do! I love you tons and all the support you constantly offer! I love you more than you imagine. I look forward to seeing all of you one day and telling you about these times. I love you and miss you! Have a great week!


Elder Ethan Haws

No comments:

Post a Comment