Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Week 79

Phew, that was possibly the longest week of my life!

District leader!  The stresses and the blessings:

What can I say; being district leader has been, I believe, the craziest thing that has happened to me in my mission to this point. I never believed I would be this busy with responsibilities and be so blessed with the energy to continue onward in the mission. It is the most amazing time of my mission!

My district is awesome. It’s me, Elder Hepworth, Elder Watts and Bennion (the two biggest missionaries in the mission, having played football and all) and two Hermanas: Johnson and Fernandez.




I had a good district class on Wednesday. I prepared a ton being stressed and all and ended up using like 10 minutes of it all for the entire hour and a half……  The responsibilities are many, but after doing so many things I don’t know what happens but I still feel like going out and giving all I can to the work.

I feel like my mission has been like this….  I got to the mission and metaphorically it was like showing up at a huge long road for driving the best cars in the world. All of a sudden someone pulled up and gave me the opportunity to ride in a Lamborghini to advance down this road. Others also had the same opportunity. I got in and started off well, and as I went down I had technical issues and the car didn’t seem to be shifting right. Others sped past me and I struggled to get really going; not really knowing how to drive the thing. But as time went I got control, I launched the thing down the road racing down as far as I can to make up for the lost time.
I feel like I am finally making some really good progress here in the mission. I think things are starting to all make sense and become more than natural. I feel a power with giving my all to the savior. I no longer have anytime to do anything for myself. It is ALL to him. There is a power that I have felt from that this week. I feel incredibly happy, and incredibly satisfied.

 The sector!

First off the scenery in the sector is fantastic. I felt so good from going to just seeing run down and ugly buildings and apartments to being on massive hills, next to forests and getting raw views of the sea. I'll be taking lots of pictures. It is a BEAUTIFUL place.








Despite the beauty, it is a bit dangerous. Not nearly what I thought it was going to be but still we have had scary looking guys come up to us at night and you just feel like they are going to rob you. But we just talk them out of it by contacting them and the spirit helps them away. I’m not even joking, it’s awesome seeing Gods protection!

So Centinela was once two wards and a branch, and now it’s just a branch. It reminds me of the feelings that were in Retiro. It’s just like going back there and dealing with the same dramatic things, so just look forward to hearing about that stuff again.

I’m so happy to be in Centinela we have many possible baptisms coming up and the sector had really been doing well for some time now.

 My companion!




My companion Elder Hepworth is awesome. I don’t think I’ve gotten along with a companion so quickly and so well than anyone else. We are already great friends. We are working hard and I think that is the best part of it all: we do good work. We had a great work week and we saw great things happen. I’m just content with it all. He is a professional at Family History work as you can see here…


He has already taught me a bunch of things. It’s going to be a great transfer with this guy. I am so blessed with what I have at the moment.

Also in our little house we are 4 elders that live together. There’s me and my companion, and Elder Copling from Herriman and Elder Smoot from Pleasant grove. We’re all from Utah and live really close!! It’s a pretty hilarious group we have here.

The initiative:

So the best highlight of it all is possibly the whole initiative that we have going on… I’m sure you guys have heard and seen the ‘’Because He Lives’’ video, and if you haven’t…


We are going ham with this whole thing and sharing it with everyone. So I invite all of you to do the same whether it is on social media or in person, you need to share this. It is incredible to know that our savior lives and guides his church. It is so comforting to know that we are a part of his church and he cares for every one of us. He suffered more than we can comprehend and invites us to come unto him and accept his help. We need to share the good news as much as possible.

The week was very long but very rewarding. I am looking forward to the week especially general conference where we will get to hear from our prophet. It’s like Christmas to me I swear. I love it so much.

I love all you guys! Thank you so much for your support. Until next week! Have a great week!

Elder Ethan Haws!









No comments:

Post a Comment