Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Week 81



This week was a pedal to the metal kind of week. We didn’t have a ton of cool stuff happen, just had a lot of hard work to do.

Famous…. among children:

So Elder ‘’Heppy on the beats’’ as people call my companion here has made himself quite the star among the flaite kids here. Even though they sometime harass us and treat us terribly, those things are changing now due to my companions rapping skills. There are literally times where we will walk down a street and then out of no-where a herd of kids comes running up to us and starts shouting ‘’HEY MAN, RAP!!! COME ON JUST RAP!’’ I chuckle a bit and I start the whole beatbox thing and then he just whips out a Mormon rap. I’m talking about classics like ‘’Teach Me How to Jimmer’’, some songs from Sons of Provo, and some missionary rap songs that are pretty classic. The kids just laugh and think we’re awesome!

Elder Hepworth is a magician as well. I mean, he knows a ton of magic tricks and we get people and those kids pretty good sometimes. It’s pretty entertaining.




The District:

The district is doing well. Our main challenge is finding people to teach. We have been talking about it a lot as a district. For my Tuesday class I talked a lot about it and talked about what Mosiah 28: 3-4 means to us.

 3 Now they were desirous that salvation should be declared to every creature, for they could not bear that any human soul should perish; yea, even the very thoughts that any soul should endure endless torment did cause them to quake and tremble.

 4 And thus did the Spirit of the Lord work upon them, for they were the very vilest of sinners. And the Lord saw fit in his infinite mercy to spare them; nevertheless they suffered much anguish of soul because of their iniquities, suffering much and fearing that they should be cast off forever.

Basically I talked about getting that desire at all times. It’s really important having that testimony going strong at all times. We talked about a lot of other things, and I felt like I gave a good class. I am feeling much more confident and comfortable in the classes I give. It’s a good feeling trying to serve and inspire not only missionaries but members and other people.


Our work week.

So we tried passing by Alexis multiple times and every time we had a fixed appointment he had an excuse as to why he couldn’t visit. We passed by his house on Sunday on our way to church and he said he would go and he didn’t show up. So we are moving on…

We are making slow but steady progress with the Parra Lopez family. They haven’t decided on a marriage date but I feel like they are getting close. The dad, Mario, has something buried deep because he still won’t go to church no matter what we do to commit him. We are going to have to pull him aside and really find out what is going on.

We had a great time teaching our investigators Yoanna and Griselda. They are liking the gospel. Especially about temples. We just explained all that to them and they loved it. Griselda has to get married and Yoanna has to drop smoking.

That’s where we stand with our investigators. We have some pretty good futures to visit in the week, so we hope we will find someone pretty cool.

That is about it for this week. I felt the spirit a lot and I know that I was strengthened spiritually! I love being in the Lords service. There is no other calling I would ever want over this one.

I love you guys so much! Thank you for all that you do! I hope you have an incredible week! Until the next one!



Elder Ethan Haws



No comments:

Post a Comment