Saturday, December 21, 2013

Week 2 (October 9, 2013)

Wow, thank you so much for all your letters! I cant thank you guys enough for all of your support. Truly, you are the driving force that keeps me going. I love you guys so much.

It has been a crazy crazy crazy crazy week. I am taking so much in. I didn't think it was possible to really learn this much in such a short time. its crazy what you can do with the help of our Heavenly Father and our Savior, Jesus Christ. Every day I have tons of classes and lots to study. Missionary work is definitely one of the hardest most intense things you can do in this life. Ill send you a picture of my schedule to give you a little more perspective. I have never spent this much time on my knees. I am constantly discouraged with the language. I feel so desperate to be the missionary that I can be in English. I have so much to say and I have so many ideas with how to say it, but i just wish i had words to form the things I know. Teaching investigators is hard when you cant talk. But through the Lord, I always get inspired and I continue to carry on with a smile.

General conference was absolutely amazing this October. I completely second what our prophet said by saying it was one of the most inspiring and amazing sessions yet. I loved the talks, and I got so much out of it. I hope you got to see the specials on the CCM after the Saturday morning and Sunday morning sessions. they showed that in the auditorium that English missionaries gathered in and everyone went wild. Its cool seeing that get recognized. Its truly an amazing place. The spirit is constantly strong here.

The talks with general conference were extremely powerful to me. i love the messages that now, we must work as one in this church. As members and missionaries let us hasten this work. Like it was mentioned many times, The time to hasten the work is NOW. Lets follow the prophets and apostles and reach out to everyone. Im so excited to be a part of this amazing time in the church. I know that the prophets and apostles are men called of God to testify of him. I know the savior is the head of the church. I have felt of his love and care for me so many countless times this week. Every Sunday night we watch a church movie. this last Sunday we watched the Testaments, and I felt the spirit so strong. I love my Savior and I am so grateful to him for all that he has done for me and everyone else. It is truly an incredible and solemn calling to be his representative. He has helped me so much already, and I am so excited to represent him.

I didnt quite get to mention a few things in my last letter, and a lot happened this week. Ill tell you some fun stuff that has happened.

So at the CCM there is a constant barrage of sirens, horns, explosions, barking, and riots. It is always kind of noisy. I love it. It makes it all the more authentic! When I first got here it sounded like the entire thing was surrounded with cannons blasting at us. Turns out, Mexico really loves fireworks. All the water in the CCM is kind of sketchy so we have to have jugs of water in our casa. So on our third day, or something like that, we just made a huge jug of koolaid with elder Kreilings Koolaid packets. Great fun, until the next morning we discovered that it got taken when we left it outside to chill overnight.

Our first investigator that went by Jorge, is now our teacher and he is HILARIOUS. I love humor en espanol. He is a great guy. I LOVE THE PEOPLE OF MEXICO. The workers here are amazing and so nice to us. They are great people.

The other night we came home, and our door was cracked open just a little. Oh man, we looked at each other like it was the end of the world, it nearly was. This place is a mosquito HEAVEN. There are literaly millions everywhere. As you might have guessed, our casa was now filled with thousands and thousands of mosquito's. It was terrifying. We all grabbed like 10 fly swatters and a bunch of towels and went to TOWN. Forget the zombie apocalypse, the mosquito apocalypse is where its at. We spent a good 30 minutes destroying them. Our casa is still covered in bug guts, the walls and ceilings are now speckled with black spots. We now call the laundry room the graveyard because we killed so many in there. Good times. I took a long video for you so when I send the sd card you'll have a good laugh. It really was so intense we call it the World War M.


 I see Isaac Broadbent every day, we talk, play futbol together and have a great time. Its nice having such a close friend here. its really reassuring. With so much time walking everywhere on this huge campus, I've learned how to whistle. after 18 years of struggling i can now do it. hooray. my Spanish is moving right along, and I'm getting new things every day.





Our casa has this really nice doorbell. Its one of those nice ones that has the little tune that lasts a while. Whenever we walk inside our casa from returning from some kind of activity we have it as a tradition to ring the doorbell repeatedly and make it go longer than needed. its good fun.

Till next wednesday!

Love,

Elder Ethan Haws

No comments:

Post a Comment