Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Week 93 (July 6, 2015)



Wow! Lots of stuff going on lately!

So the biggest highlights of the week was basically the American cup, working hard and our awesome zone activity today.

We worked really hard this week in almost every aspect of the work. We went all out on trying to find people to teach. Luckily we were able to find some people. We found lots of potential investigators and talked with about everyone we saw. We just struggled finding people who would progress. There were quite a few people who we visited but because of their circumstances they just didn't accept to be baptized and wouldn't commit to church. Those were the biggest complications of the week. It was really stressful searching for what I can do to help the zone when I just know the answers as to why we aren't doing well in this or that. It gives me another perspective of the Lords work.

It was cool being here for the whole Chile winning it all kind of thing.

YEAH CHIIIIILLLEEEEEE!!!!!!

American Cup celebration




Everyone was going nuts out here. There were groups of like twenty people that went out in trucks and cars and went around all the streets with flags and hats and horns just screaming their heads off. ALL NIGHT. It was awesome. It was a roaring noise of horns all night.

We also had an amazing zone activity today. We went to a crazy waterfall called the Salto Del Itata. It was at its fullest point (because we're in winter and the rivers are all high) and covered a huge area. Several missionaries had gone there before and said today that it was as full as they had ever seen it.

So to make things fun we started by going to the top of it. We got dropped off by a van we rented right by the top of the waterfall and we launched 2  tiny boats the missionaries had made and watched them plummet to their watery grave. Then we had a 30 minute hike down to see if we could get closer to the falls. And oh how we did. I headed down there with Elder Brewster ahead of the rest of the zone and we got there pretty quick. We got all the way to the falls and got inside! It was THE MOST thorough showering I think I’ve ever had. I am still really wet even though I was wearing all waterproof clothing. It was awesome. Now I can claim that I have been inside a giant waterfall in Chile. Just wait for the pictures and videos.... It’s awesome.




I'm really growing on my dependence on the Lord. In these moments where I feel like there is no way I can accomplish what I have to or when I can’t see what really is wrong and needs to be fixed, I am learning how to depend on the Savior. It is a really interesting way to learn about the atonement. It makes me grateful that it is universal, all encompassing, and infinite.  And it helps me understand that God does live and that His Son's compassion and love never fails. It makes me understand the purpose of the gospel. It helps me keep trying. I love being here because it brings me down low enough so I can be pulled higher.

I love all of you guys and I hope that you are having great times and experiences. Thank you for all of your love and support. I love you guys! Until next week!


Elder Ethan Haws




Wet!!



American Cup meal

Elders Brewster and Miller


No comments:

Post a Comment