Saturday, December 21, 2013

Week 5 (10-30-13)
Hey guys! Buenos Tardes! I hope this email finds you having a good day. Sounds like it was a pretty normal week for everyone, even me. I'm sorry for last week's letter that was kind of short, it’s just really hard writing about the same things every week. Not much happens around here besides classes and studying so its hard getting the lengthy letter you want written. 
Its always so good to hear what’s going on back in good ol’ Utah. It’s still kind of hard to believe that I'm in a different country so far away from home. I've grown to love Mexico though. The people, explosions, barking, meowing, sirens, engines, weather, and everything that goes on here. Its strange how fast this CCM experience has gone by. I'm going to be leaving for Chile at 3 in the afternoon next Monday, and my flight will take off at about 7! So excited to really start working. This week has been a roller coaster too. Every week has so many ups and downs, its insane. The last few days I've been so stressed and worried that I'm going to have to teach real people with real problems and real situations. I've felt so inadequate and so unprepared. its such a daunting task. But I've prayed and asked for the Savior's help, and for him to guide my paths. I've felt Heavenly Fathers reassuring love. I know he loves us so much. 

What can I say, the CCM has been everything and a half. It’s been so fun. It’s been so hard. It’s been boring and exciting, scary and satisfying. I’m so grateful for the things I’ve learned here, and what I’ve gone through. I'm so grateful for my district, they have become some of the best friends I’ve ever had. It’s crazy that I’m leaving another lifestyle and other people behind again next week. 
I’m going to start packing my bags on Saturday. Thanks for the advice, that will come in handy. But really, don't stress. I don't want sleepless parents just because I’m going to Chile. 
This week was really good though. The couple days after last Wednesday were super cold here in Mexico. I had to break out my coat for the mornings. Temperature really fluctuates here, today its extremely muggy and hot, so you just never know.
This past week we've had the members of the Missionary council observing the CCM. We had brother Steve Alan, who is the head man over missionary service right under the first presidency, come and speak to us on Sunday. He shared a great message, and he was a lot of fun listening to. We were notified that since our district is one of the best speaking districts that the CCM has, that the international MTC presidency was going to supervise our night class to see how we learn. Hermano Polo was sweating bullets! We were all pretty nervous, but as the night went on they didn't show up. They decided to help another class that wasn't doing as well. Still cool to know we were selected because of nuestro espaƱol.
Elder Kreiling and I have been teaching our two investigators Raymundo, y Eugenio. It’s been tough figuring out the balance of teaching, but i think we have got a really nice system down. Our lessons and our teaching are getting much better!
A lot of our district has felt sick this week. From Elder Duncan to Elder Anderson, it’s hit everyone. Thankfully I didn’t get the stomach bug! 
There are so many priceless one- liners that come from everyone. Especially Elder Canny. That guy is hilarious. His favorite American sayings are "Legit'', '''Lets hit it'', ''Its game time'', and  ''You heard me the second time.'' He randomly sings random hymns and even a little Johnny Cash. He came in the room once, and came in singing ''I find it very, very hard to be a lion'' to the tune or ''Ring of Fire''. It was priceless. Lots of good laughs. 
I’m so scared that I’m going to have to rely on my Spanish next Tuesday. I feel really inadequate, and I’m pretty scared, but I’m going to try my best. I've tried so hard to learn as much as I can here. I've learned a lot, but it just never seems like it’s enough. I'm just relying on the Lord to help me. 

I have so much to say about my experience here, but it’s impossible to type it out. So many good times and so many inspiring moments. I'm going to miss my new friends a lot. But I’m so excited to head to Chile! I cant believe that ill be walking down those Chilean streets in a matter of days. I’m so excited to actually go to work; to save souls. Its such a blessing being able to do this and I’m so excited to go to Chile! By next P day, ill be in another foreign land! Wish me luck on the flight over there and getting used to the Chilean culture! Till next P day! I miss all of you terribly and love you guys so much!
Love,
Elder Haws

No comments:

Post a Comment