Sunday, December 22, 2013

Week 9 (11-25-13)

This week has probably been the single most incredible and miraculous week of my entire life. Many times this week I have just stood there in amazement of Gods tender mercies, miracles, and love for his children. 

I am so thankful for all of your support. It really keeps me going through all the days of the week. I can’t begin to explain how grateful I am for all of you. 

I want to tell the story of Ignacio together so it makes more sense. It is one of the greatest miracles I’ve­­­­ ever seen and same for Elder Froerer. 

So on Monday, Ignacio didn’t want to get baptized. He was really unsure about the Book of Mormon, Joseph Smith, and Thomas S Monson. We didn’t think he had a chance. But we asked him what he was looking for. He said he wanted a big answer, something big to happen, a dream even. We kind of taught him that you just can’t command God to do things. Then we told him, that if he wants his answer, there is one way that he could receive one. We taught him about fasting. That he shouldn’t eat for 24 hours and read, ponder, and pray constantly throughout the fast. He accepted. So on Wednesday, we all started after lunch. I knelt by my bedside in probably one of the most humble prayers of my life. I asked with my whole heart that he would feel the truth of these things in his heart. I prayed that if Heavenly Father desired it, He would give him an answer. I even got more specific. I prayed that he would read the Book of Mormon, and that the words would sink deep in his heart, that he would feel peace, and remember all of the experiences that he has had with us. I prayed specifically that he would call us when he knew these things. I prayed that he could find a way to be baptized on Saturday. 

Later on Wednesday, Elder Froerer`s phone rang. Ignacio called and said, ``You told me that i needed to read while i was fasting, give me something to read.`` We told him to read Alma 32 and Mormon 7. He asked, ``What do I do if I feel something?`` We told him just call us. Later that night we were with la familia Ojeda. Sure enough, E Froerer`s phone rang. Ignacio told him that he had been reading and he had felt this super deep peace, and he knew he needed to be baptized this Saturday. I don’t think I’ve smiled bigger in my life. The next day, We visited with him. He told us that that night he had had another dream! He saw a man dressed in pure white and he told him that he needed to completely immerse himself in the church. He told us that he re-saw all of his experiences with us. Scriptures, the mission president, the dream. He told us all those things just hit him hard, again and again and again. He knew he needed to be baptized. So this Saturday, he was baptized. Sunday, he received the Holy Ghost. Without a doubt God heard my prayers. God gave us a miracle. It was a miracle. My testimony grew so much because of this week. 

Quick summary of the week.

Monday! 
Of course was P day. It was awesome! got to go to the beach and have an incredible day of shopping and hanging out with all the elders. We got home and we cleaned the house. At last I got to open the package. Oh man, it was like Christmas on steroids. Everything was perfect. I even took out the micro sd card with music on it, and to my surprise, I got it to work in my mp3 player. So we lounged around and studied listening to my music for a while on our beds. That night we had a good noche de hogar with the Reyes. It was a lot of fun. 

Tuesday
A really regular day. Had district class, completos for lunch at the Reyes, and got a lot of contacting done. We prepared to start a fast for Ignacio on Wednesday cause he couldn’t today. 

Wednesday
Incredible day.  Had a conference for the new missionaries at the mission home. I was able to see my friends from my generation and learn a ton about missionary work. After the conference, I started my fast for Ignacio. After Elder Del Rosario and I had another mini cambio. We were in sector D and we worked hard. We got a lot of contacts and met a really catholic family. When we stopped to think for a minute, the name Hermana Cuidad popped into my head for some reason. So I said, Why not. We visited, and turns out there is a non member living there too. To our surprise we just started teaching him the first lesson and it went well. It was a miracle. Later E Froerer and I met up again and we visited some families for the rest of the night. Ignacio called us that night as well. 

Thursday. 
Had another morning in the conference, and finished that up. After we visited some other people, then Ignacio. We went over some baptismal interview questions, and then he was interviewed an hour later. HE PASSED and we were bouncing off the walls with happiness. It was an incredible day. 

Friday. 
Regular day. Elder Froerer and I worked really hard. I placed my first Book of Mormon with a guy that we met, and we got a lot of contacts and new investigators. We were still ecstatic with Ignacio’s miracle. 

Saturday. 
We had a service project carving more stairs in the guy’s backyard. We saw a huge 7 inch long centipede, and a 4 inch long spider in the ground. Fun stuff. We worked and soon enough we were at the chapel preparing and filling the font. Time flew by, and the service started. Elder Froerer was able to baptize Ignacio. After they changed, Ignacio came out and we had a long conversation. He told me he has never felt so happy, right, and at home. He kept on saying he felt like a new man. He was close to tears. He wished that his family was there to support him. Sadly, they’re all catholic and evangelico. He doesn’t have that much support, but he is an incredible kid. After, he gave his testimony. It was incredible. He shared his story and he boldly stated that he knew these things were true. It was the greatest fist pump moment of my life. 



Sunday. 
Regular day. Good church service and good study times. We had a ward activity where willing members meet in the chapel and go out and visit menos activos, or members who have been missing church. Elder Froerer and I went with Fransico, the 2nd counselor in the bishopric. It was a good time. We got to go visit with the familia ojeda and have a great lesson after. 

Monday! (today)
Wow. This morning I got on my knees and thanked my Heavenly Father for the miracles that have happened the past week. I asked that they would continue to happen this present week. Little did I know that the next few hours would be the most amazing miracle of my life. We got ready and went to play pelota on a nice field in the centro. When we were almost there, I reached down to feel my wallet in my pocket. To my horror, it wasn’t there. I felt as you are probably feeling as you read this. I was terrified. I had everything in there. I was completely lost not knowing what to do. Everyone felt bad for me, and we tried to retrace our steps as we walked to the field. When we got playing, I prayed in my heart like never before. To my complete amazement, I heard shouting from the other side of the field. I looked up and they were saying YOUR WALLET! MILAGRO! I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. Apparently some guy had walked up and just given it to us. I have no idea how or why it happened. But I testify that Heavenly Father Is a God of miracles. He is so present in our lives. When we need help, He can give it, no matter how impossible it seems. I know he lives and watches us. He is our Heavenly Father. 

Too many times this week impossible things have happened. I testify that miracles are real. No matter the impossibilities, or the doubts that are present. ANYTHING is possible when our Heavenly Father helps us. Even when we think Heavenly Father has helped us too much for another miracle to happen, think again. I testify of specific prayers, they work. When we need help in something specifically, He is there to help us in greater detail. He is always there. I’m forever in my Father in Heavens debt, in my saviors debt as well. I love them and all that they do for me.

Thank you for all your love and support. My heart is so full this morning. I love you all more than you understand. Until next week! 

Elder Ethan Haws

No comments:

Post a Comment