Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Week 53

"My companion had a fatal accident"


I am going to be pretty quick and detail-less because my draft that I was typing up just got deleted. So, with little to no time left in the cyber, I have to describe the week in a shorter version.

The week was hard on us. I expected it to be a little nicer due to me completing a year of my mission. It pushed us to our breaking points. We are still pretty tired and going crazy from all that happened, and all that there is to do.

Investigators:
Our investigators have kind of fallen off the map. M went out of town this week to visit Concepcion. We haven't been able to contact her because she doesn't even have a phone. Let’s hope she is doing good. We haven't seen her since last Sunday.

All our other investigators have kind of fallen off the radar, or have come to a stop in their progression. We are focusing on finding a lot more people. That is what we are doing for most of our time.

Mini Mission:
We had an activity this Saturday. We went to the countryside of Chillan to the branch called Quillon. We met up as selected missionaries and as the priest quorums of the stake. They divided us up and made us into companionships. I was put with two guys from my ward; Andres, the son of the first counselor in the bishopric here; and Diego, a way cool guy who is 16 years old. It was a good time. The only thing that was a bit disappointing was that it POURED all day long. It rained and rained and rained. By the end we were all soaked regardless of the rainproof stuff we had. All day we ran around Quillon being pretty lost and looking for directions that we had no idea where people were. Even though we found the houses, no one seemed to be home. So we had a lot of time to do some contacting. We spent most of the time trying to perfect our methods on contacting and teaching them the priests things that we do in the mission. It was fun, but a long day.

Soaked


To get on our way home, we had to wait for a bus in even heavier rain for a good 30 minutes. It was just wet and cold the whole day.

Through the week we just faced rejection after rejection. Weird people and weird ideas. It wore down on us after a while. Elder Bird and I had some good talks this week. When the going gets tough, it’s always good to have communication.

This weekend is going to be awesome. ITS PRETTY MUCH CHRISTMAS FOR ME. I am so excited to hear the prophets and apostles deliver their messages. It is so amazing to have such a privilege. I have been trying to spread the hype and invite all the members and get them excited. It should be an amazing conference. I have so many questions that I hope will be answered. I’m sure they will. But I specifically invite every single one of you to pay special attention to conference. If we really do treasure up the words that will be delivered, we will be blessed with strength to continue onward and will have the privilege to move ourselves closer to our Heavenly Father.
 This week I really liked this scripture:

D & C 136: 31
My people must be tried in all things, that they may be prepared to receive the glory that I have for them, even the glory of Zion; and he that will not bear chastisement is not worthy of my kingdom.

We not only have to be put through some tests, but we have to pass through all things. Sometimes we feel so pressured down, but we have to remember that all our experiences in this life are for our benefit in one way or another. God is so perfect, and knows us perfectly. I am grateful for the grand plan of salvation that he has revealed to us so that we can pass through hard times with a hope that good things will come.

Well, I know that this is a ridiculously short letter and I apologize for the technical difficulties.
 I hope that all of you are doing well. I love you all so much. I miss you and think about you! You are in my prayers. It is amazing to me that more than a year ago, we enjoyed our last night in the house. I thought on Friday of all that happened that night. That was powerful. I am grateful for a loving family and all the things we have been through. I love you so much more than I can say. I will see all of you soon enough. Have a great week guys!

Elder Ethan Haws

Something delicioso

No comments:

Post a Comment